Overview of IELTS Courses
There are …
- three AIS IELTS Preparation Combined Courses:
- IELTS Writing & Listening [on weekdays],
- IELTS Reading & Speaking [on weekdays],
- Integrated IELTS Skills (= all skills together, on the weekend),
- four Individual IELTS-Skills Courses [on weekdays only]:
- IELTS Writing,
- IELTS Listening,
- IELTS Reading,
- IELTS Speaking,
… at 華龍文理補習班, all designed and delivered by me, the teacher, in fixed and interchangeable lessons. The full range of lessons are shown in the image above. Click on the following link:
… to see this document on full screen (for printing or downloading).
To see an overview of the next IELTS courses (Term 9, beginning mid-October), please click the following link.
To see an overview of the Term 1 & 2 IELTS courses (beginning January, 2020) , please click the following link.
Specific Course Details課程內容
Combined-Skills IELTS Courses
The first two AIS IELTS Combined Courses come in five-week terms. These are …前面兩個AIS雅思課程都是為期五周…
1. IELTS Writing & Listening [(a) Night time OR (b) Afternoon]: 6 classes on W1, 6 classes on W2, 3 on Listening: 49 hours
雅思寫作聽力課程[(a)晚上時段(b)下午]: 6堂作文一, 6堂作文二, 3堂聽力課
(a) Night-time Course: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 7.00 – 10.15 pm)
(b) Afternoon Course: Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays (2.00 – 5.15 pm)
2. IELTS Reading & Speaking: 5 classes on each skill: 33 hours
Night-time Only: Tuesdays and Thursdays (7.00 – 10.15 pm)
… with the third course being a weekend one:
3. Intensive Integrated Saturday/Sunday IELTS Course: 24 classes (2 per day) on Saturdays or Sundays (all day, mornings [9.30 am – 12.45 pm] and afternoons [2.00 – 5.15 pm], with a lunch break in between): 78 hours.
雅思周六/周日密集班課程: 每堂課至少6小時, 共12堂課, 上課時間為每周六或每周日上午和下午全天
The first two Combined Courses (1a/1b & 2) fit together, so that you can …
- do one Combined Course (to focus on specific weaknesses), or …
- do both Combined Courses (to be completely prepared for IELTS),
Remember, you can choose to …
- do one Combined Course in one term, then the other Combined Course in the following term (to spread the workload over two or three days/week), or …
- do both Combined Courses in an the same term (5 classes/week for five weeks), if you want to achieve success in IELTS more quickly.
All the lessons are in fixed components, so that if you miss a class (due, for example, to sickness), you may be able to make up the lost class in another course.
Individual IELTS-Skills Courses
You can also choose to do Individual-Skills courses:
- IELTS Reading: every Tuesday night, for five lessons,
- IELTS Speaking: every Thursday night for five lessons,
- IELTS Writing: every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for four weeks [=12 lessons],
- IELTS Listening: one Monday, Wednesday, and Friday [=3 lessons].
… but the Combined Courses are cheaper for you (the student), and I (as a teacher) obviously want to be able to prepare you as best as I can for the IELTS test, so doing the Combined Courses is encouraged.
Next Weekday and Weekend Courses: Dates & Details
The details for the next Term (Term 10, starting mid November), are below.
1. IELTS Writing & Listening (Afternoon or Night: M/W/F)
內容以雅思寫作Task 1, 雅思寫作Task 2和聽力為主
日期: November 18th – December 20th [Term 10]
2點00分上課至5點15分 …or… 7點00分上課至10點15分
15 classes / 49 hours
2. IELTS Reading & Speaking (Night: T/Th)
日期: November 19th – December 19th [Term 10]
Tue : 7:00 pm – 10:15 pm (IELTS Reading)
Thu: 7:00 pm – 10:15 pm (IELTS Speaking)
10 classes / 33 hours
3. Integrated Intensive Saturday IELTS Preparation
日期: November 30th – February 29th 2020 [Terms 10 – 2]
Integrated Intensive Sunday IELTS Preparation
日期: October 13th – January 12th [Terms 9 – 1 (2020)]
每週六/週日上午9點30分上課至12點45分 & 下午2點00分上課至5點15分
9:30 pm – 12:45 pm & 2.00 – 5.15 pm.
課程包含24堂課 (2 lessons a day)，12個周末, 共78小時
All weekend courses have 24 classes (2 lessons a day) over 12 weekends = 78 hours
Note 1: About ‘Make-up’ Classes
各位同學好，老師和師母決定從民國106年10月30日起改變補課機制，因為太多同學們濫用補課機制，一大堆同學一天到晚請假，大部分的補習班都不提供補課，即使提供補課，給學生補的也不是請假的同一堂課，Andrew老師以前在台北一家補習班當了6年的主管, 訓練了６～７個老師，那邊有上百位學生，他們也沒有所謂的補課機制，原本我們只是想幫助學生給學生方便，但是幾乎每天有同學要求補課已經造成了我們很大的困擾 ~ 同學們一定可以體會補課學生對原班學生們造成的困擾，另外，老師和師母必須花不少時間幫同學們安排補課時間，同學們參加的是團班，而不是一對一課程，而且在你們加入前就已經知道課程規劃的時間，按照課程時間去上課也是對老師表示尊重的一種方式，AIS開班兩年多來同學們總是以私事優先的理由請假並要求補課，為了維護原班同學們的權益，加上為了同學們有最好的學習效果 (老師的課程是有順序規劃的)，從2017年term8開始我們將取消免費補課機制，同學們要求補課一堂課需付費300元 (同學們到班補課時請給老師300元現金)。
Note 2: About the Refund/Postponement Policy
Note 3: About ‘Find a Friend’ Discounts
如果同學能夠當主揪找朋友一起報名我們的課程就可以版權的學費折扣優惠，你們都可以選擇一個技巧免費試聽也可以報名不同的課程，但是你們要約定時間一起繳費（避免一個學生報名的課程先開課另一個學生卻決定不報名了😂，只報名單科技巧的學生不能參加團報唷），你找到一個同學報名我們的一個平日班課程，你們兩個人可以各減免學費500元，如果能找到兩個人，你們三個人可以各減免學費1000元。如果找一個朋友同時報名平日班兩個課程 ( 或假日班 ) 每人可以各減免學費1000元，如果能夠找到兩個朋友同時報名每人可以各減免學費2000元。
PS. 同學可以找朋友團報的課程如下 :
3. 假日班全科課程 ( 週六密集班或週日密集班 )
Note 1: 由於參加Andrew老師課程而認識的同學們無法一起團報喔！
Note 2: 同學揪朋友團報必須在課程開課之前報名才算數喔！
General Warning: Be Careful About ‘Short’ Courses
At AIS, the ‘total’ preparation for all skills (Writing, Reading, Listening, and Speaking) consists of over 80 hours of direct teaching with the teacher, given in 25 individual lessons. In addition to this, there is homework in every lesson, consisting of Reading (of reading passages and tips from the book), IELTS Writing Assignments (9 pieces), and vocabulary exercises (from all the books), as well as independent research. AIS offers a full and comprehensive course.
There are many much shorter courses offered by other institutes and other teachers, but please note that very short IELTS Preparation courses …
(1) might seem cheap, but the course can be very costly per hour, and …
(2) these courses must necessarily provide limited preparation for the IELTS test.
Yes, short courses are easy to decide to do, quickly and easily completed, and seemingly cheap – but do they do the job? Do they prepare you with the full range of skills necessary in order to be fully prepared for the IELTS Test? The document shown at the top of this page shows the minimum amount of hours needed (80), based on my assessment and my experience of teaching IELTS Preparation [and that’s over 25 years of it!]. Each of the 25 lessons described is full of teaching, ideas, and practice, and the pace is fast, and delivered efficiently and effectively with very sophisticated PowerPoint programs. Any IELTS Course shorter than this would leave you NOT prepared to the degree that I, as the teacher, expect – and I cannot do that.
So, remember, when comparing IELTS courses among schools, …
(1) always calculate the cost per hour [not just the cost of the course], and …
(2) remember that short courses are short for a reason, and …
(3) keep in mind that the most important aspect is the TEACHER, and his/her qualifications and credentials. [Remember, be critical, skeptical, and demand proof].