Note About AIS Courses and Each Individual Lesson
There are three AIS IELTS Preparation Courses available, all delivered in fixed and interchangeable lessons. The full range of lessons are shown in the image above. Click on the following link:
… to see this document on full screen (for printing or downloading).
The first two AIS IELTS Courses come in five-week terms. These are …前面兩個AIS雅思課程都是為期五周…
1. IELTS Writing & Listening [(a) Night time OR (b) Afternoon]: 6 classes on W1, 6 classes on W2, 3 on Listening: 49 hours
雅思寫作聽力課程[(a)晚上時段(b)下午]: 6堂作文一, 6堂作文二, 3堂聽力課
(a) Night-time Course: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 7.00 – 10.15 pm)
(b) Afternoon Course: Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays (2.00 – 5.15 pm)
2. IELTS Reading & Speaking: 5 classes on each skill: 33 hours
Night-time Only: Tuesdays and Thursdays (7.00 – 10.15 pm)
… with the third course being a weekend one:
3. Intensive Integrated Saturday/Sunday IELTS Course: 24 classes (2 per day) on Saturdays or Sundays (all day, mornings [9.30 am – 12.45 pm] and afternoons [2.00 – 5.15 pm], with a lunch break in between): 78 hours.
雅思周六/周日密集班課程: 每堂課至少6小時, 共12堂課, 上課時間為每周六或每周日上午和下午全天
The first two courses (1a/1b & 2) fit together, so that you can …
- do one course (to focus on specific weaknesses), or …
- do both courses (to be completely prepared for IELTS),
Remember, you can choose to …
- do one Course in one term, then the other course in the following term (to spread the workload over two or three days/week), or …
- do both courses in an the same term (5 classes/week for five weeks), if you want to achieve success in IELTS more quickly.
All the lessons are in fixed components, so that if you miss a class (due, for example, to sickness), you may be able to make up the lost class in another course. Remember, be quick, a deposit is necessary to secure a place.
Next Courses: Dates & Details
To get the timetable for the next two terms: Term 4 (starting in April 30th), click on the following link.
同學們如想了解所有課程的時間表, 包括暑期密集課程, 請按以下的連結…
Here are the two terms after that – for those thinking in the longer term.
You can also read about these next available AIS IELTS Courses (Term 4) below.
1. IELTS Writing & Listening (Afternoon or Night: M/W/F)
內容以雅思寫作Task 1, 雅思寫作Task 2和聽力為主
日期: April 30th – June 1st [Term 4]
2點00分上課至5點15分 …or… 7點00分上課至10點15分
15 classes / 49 hours
Cost: $16,500 NT (+ cost of textbooks* see below)
2. IELTS Reading & Speaking (Night: T/Th)
日期: May 1st – May 31st [Term 4]
Tue : 7:00 pm – 10:15 pm (IELTS Reading)
Thu: 7:00 pm – 10:15 pm (IELTS Speaking)
10 classes / 33 hours
Cost: $10,000 NT (+ cost of textbooks* see below )
3. Integrated Intensive Saturday IELTS Preparation
日期: May 26th – Aug. 11th [Terms 4-6]
Integrated Intensive Sunday IELTS Preparation
April 29th – July 15th [Terms 4-6]
每週六/週日上午9點30分上課至12點45分 & 下午2點00分上課至5點15分
9:30 pm – 12:45 pm & 2.00 – 5.15 pm.
課程包含24堂課 (2 lessons a day)，12個周末, 共78小時
All weekend courses have 24 classes (2 lessons a day) over 12 weekends = 78 hours
Cost: $26,500 NT (+cost of textbooks* see below)
* Textbooks are discounted to $300 each. General-Training students do not need the IELTS Writing Task-One Book.
*學生向AIS購買的課本(說, 讀, 寫 Task 1 & 2 每本300元, 模擬試題本400元)
Note 1: About ‘Make-up’ Classes
Note 2: Refund/Postponement Policy
2. AIS 因為是小班制，而且座位有限，每一期平日和假日班都有很多同學報不到位子，如果同學在開課前七天 (a week) 告知師母不參加報名的課程， 除了訂金之外我會全數退還，只要課程開課之後我們的退費規則就比照補習班的退費規則。
Warning: Be Careful About ‘Short’ Courses
At AIS, the ‘total’ preparation for all skills (Writing, Reading, Listening, and Speaking) consists of over 80 hours of direct teaching with the teacher, given in 25 individual lessons. In addition to this, there is homework in every lesson, consisting of Reading (of reading passages and tips from the book), IELTS Writing Assignments (9 pieces), and vocabulary exercises (from all the books), as well as independent research. AIS offers a full and comprehensive course.
There are many much shorter courses offered by other institutes and other teachers, but please note that very short IELTS Preparation courses …
(1) might seem cheap, but the course can be very costly per hour, and …
(2) these courses must necessarily provide limited preparation for the IELTS test.
Yes, short courses are easy to decide to do, quickly and easily completed, and seemingly cheap – but do they do the job? Do they prepare you with the full range of skills necessary in order to be fully prepared for the IELTS Test? The document shown at the top of this page shows the minimum amount of hours needed (80), based on my assessment and my experience of teaching IELTS Preparation [and that’s over 20 years of it!]. Each of the 25 lessons described is full of teaching, ideas, and practice, and the pace is fast, and delivered efficiently and effectively with very sophisticated PowerPoint programs. Any IELTS Course shorter than this would leave you NOT prepared to the degree that I, as the teacher, expect – and I cannot do that.
So, remember, when comparing IELTS courses among schools, …
(1) always calculate the cost per hour [not just the cost of the course], and …
(2) remember that short courses are short for a reason, and …
(3) keep in mind that the most important aspect is the TEACHER, and his/her qualifications and credentials. [Remember, be critical, skeptical, and demand proof].