Note About AIS Courses and Each Individual Lesson
There are three AIS IELTS Preparation Courses available at 華龍文理補習班, all designed and delivered by me, the teacher, in fixed and interchangeable lessons. The full range of lessons are shown in the image above. Click on the following link:
… to see this document on full screen (for printing or downloading).
The first two AIS IELTS Courses come in five-week terms. These are …前面兩個AIS雅思課程都是為期五周…
1. IELTS Writing & Listening [(a) Night time OR (b) Afternoon]: 6 classes on W1, 6 classes on W2, 3 on Listening: 49 hours
雅思寫作聽力課程[(a)晚上時段(b)下午]: 6堂作文一, 6堂作文二, 3堂聽力課
(a) Night-time Course: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 7.00 – 10.15 pm)
(b) Afternoon Course: Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays (2.00 – 5.15 pm)
2. IELTS Reading & Speaking: 5 classes on each skill: 33 hours
Night-time Only: Tuesdays and Thursdays (7.00 – 10.15 pm)
… with the third course being a weekend one:
3. Intensive Integrated Saturday/Sunday IELTS Course: 24 classes (2 per day) on Saturdays or Sundays (all day, mornings [9.30 am – 12.45 pm] and afternoons [2.00 – 5.15 pm], with a lunch break in between): 78 hours.
雅思周六/周日密集班課程: 每堂課至少6小時, 共12堂課, 上課時間為每周六或每周日上午和下午全天
The first two courses (1a/1b & 2) fit together, so that you can …
- do one course (to focus on specific weaknesses), or …
- do both courses (to be completely prepared for IELTS),
Remember, you can choose to …
- do one Course in one term, then the other course in the following term (to spread the workload over two or three days/week), or …
- do both courses in an the same term (5 classes/week for five weeks), if you want to achieve success in IELTS more quickly.
All the lessons are in fixed components, so that if you miss a class (due, for example, to sickness), you may be able to make up the lost class in another course. Remember, be quick, a deposit is necessary to secure a place.
Next Courses: Dates & Details
The details for the next Term (Term 9, starting October 22nd), are below.
1. IELTS Writing & Listening (Afternoon or Night: M/W/F)
內容以雅思寫作Task 1, 雅思寫作Task 2和聽力為主
日期: October 22nd – November 23rd [Term 9]
2點00分上課至5點15分 …or… 7點00分上課至10點15分
15 classes / 49 hours
Cost: $16,500 NT (+ cost of textbooks )
2. IELTS Reading & Speaking (Night: T/Th)
日期: October 23rd – November 22nd [Term 9]
Tue : 7:00 pm – 10:15 pm (IELTS Reading)
Thu: 7:00 pm – 10:15 pm (IELTS Speaking)
10 classes / 33 hours
Cost: $10,000 NT (+ cost of textbooks )
3. Integrated Intensive Saturday IELTS Preparation
日期: Nov. 17th – February 2nd [Terms 9 (2018) – 1 (2019)]
Integrated Intensive Sunday IELTS Preparation
日期: Jan. 6th – Mar. 31st [Terms 1-3 (2019)]
每週六/週日上午9點30分上課至12點45分 & 下午2點00分上課至5點15分
9:30 pm – 12:45 pm & 2.00 – 5.15 pm.
課程包含24堂課 (2 lessons a day)，12個周末, 共78小時
All weekend courses have 24 classes (2 lessons a day) over 12 weekends = 78 hours
Cost: $26,500 NT (+cost of textbooks )
Note 1: About ‘Make-up’ Classes
各位同學好，老師和師母決定從民國106年10月30日起改變補課機制，因為太多同學們濫用補課機制，一大堆同學一天到晚請假，大部分的補習班都不提供補課，即使提供補課，給學生補的也不是請假的同一堂課，Andrew老師以前在台北一家補習班當了6年的主管, 訓練了６～７個老師，那邊有上百位學生，他們也沒有所謂的補課機制，原本我們只是想幫助學生給學生方便，但是幾乎每天有同學要求補課已經造成了我們很大的困擾 ~ 同學們一定可以體會補課學生對原班學生們造成的困擾，另外，老師和師母必須花不少時間幫同學們安排補課時間，同學們參加的是團班，而不是一對一課程，而且在你們加入前就已經知道課程規劃的時間，按照課程時間去上課也是對老師表示尊重的一種方式，AIS開班兩年多來同學們總是以私事優先的理由請假並要求補課，為了維護原班同學們的權益，加上為了同學們有最好的學習效果 (老師的課程是有順序規劃的)，從2017年term8開始我們將取消免費補課機制，同學們要求補課一堂課需付費300元 (同學們到班補課時請給老師300元現金)。
PS. 唯一可以免費補課的特殊狀況例如 : 晚一到二堂課加入AIS任何課程，謝謝！
Note 2: Refund/Postponement Policy
Warning: Be Careful About ‘Short’ Courses
At AIS, the ‘total’ preparation for all skills (Writing, Reading, Listening, and Speaking) consists of over 80 hours of direct teaching with the teacher, given in 25 individual lessons. In addition to this, there is homework in every lesson, consisting of Reading (of reading passages and tips from the book), IELTS Writing Assignments (9 pieces), and vocabulary exercises (from all the books), as well as independent research. AIS offers a full and comprehensive course.
There are many much shorter courses offered by other institutes and other teachers, but please note that very short IELTS Preparation courses …
(1) might seem cheap, but the course can be very costly per hour, and …
(2) these courses must necessarily provide limited preparation for the IELTS test.
Yes, short courses are easy to decide to do, quickly and easily completed, and seemingly cheap – but do they do the job? Do they prepare you with the full range of skills necessary in order to be fully prepared for the IELTS Test? The document shown at the top of this page shows the minimum amount of hours needed (80), based on my assessment and my experience of teaching IELTS Preparation [and that’s over 20 years of it!]. Each of the 25 lessons described is full of teaching, ideas, and practice, and the pace is fast, and delivered efficiently and effectively with very sophisticated PowerPoint programs. Any IELTS Course shorter than this would leave you NOT prepared to the degree that I, as the teacher, expect – and I cannot do that.
So, remember, when comparing IELTS courses among schools, …
(1) always calculate the cost per hour [not just the cost of the course], and …
(2) remember that short courses are short for a reason, and …
(3) keep in mind that the most important aspect is the TEACHER, and his/her qualifications and credentials. [Remember, be critical, skeptical, and demand proof].