Collocation: the other key to IELTS 7: Answer to 8 of 8
Here are the answers to the previous collocation exercise (8 of 8). The first sentence has the wrong collocation; the second sentence has the correct one.
- This can cause high concern.
This can cause great concern.
- Parents must lose their free time to look after a baby.
Parents must sacrifice their free time to look after a baby.
- The government should act a role in this.
The government should play a role in this.
- Advertising stimulates people to buy goods.
Advertising encourages people to buy goods.
- Cigarettes make health problems.
Cigarettes create/cause health problems.
By the way, go to aisielts.com to get more information and resources to help you get that IELTS 7.